Our multi-tank ultrasonic stainless steel part passivation equipment combined with our model hot air dryer make an effective passivation line by housing heated cleaning solution, cascading DI rinse water, citric or nitric acid passivation solution, and a final cascading DI rinse water with a final hot air drying step.
Small 386P Benchtop Ultrasonic
Stainless Steel Passivation Machine
The process moves from left to right. Parts are cleaned, rinsed, passivated, rinsed and then dried. The clean and passivation tanks can be optionally equipped with pump filter systems which provide 5-micron filtration of the cleaning and passivation solution. The common configuration of parts cleaning machines is 3.5 gallon tanks, as shown below, but any size tanks can be used.
Our automated passivation systems are typically lower cost than our multi-tank steel benchtop passivation systems and give you all the benefits of automation.
Common Applications for Stainless Steel Passivation Equipment
- Ultrasonic part cleaning of water soluble machining coolants, chips, particulate, and true machining/cutting oils, buffing and lapping compounds.
- Medical device stainless steel parts cleaning and passivation
- Aerospace parts cleaning and passivation
- Nitric acid passivation type 2, 3, 4 ASTM A967
- Citric acid passivation type 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 ASTM A967 using CitriSurf® by Stellar Solutions
- General washing for maintenance, manufacturing, rework and/or remanufacturing.
We offer this system in a console unit in the 1.25 and 3.5 gallon models. We can easily make any tank configuration sizing required for your application with little to no additional custom size pricing.
|Model Series||Liquid Capacity
|Inside Working Zones
(l x w x h)
|386P||1.25||9.5″ x 5.5″ x 6″|
|782P||3.5||12″ x 10″ x 8″|
|499P||5||15″ x 10″ x 8″|
|598P||7.5||36″ x 8″ x 6″|
|188P||9||18″ x 12″ x 10″|
|487P||12||24″ x 12″ x 10″|
|300P||15||24″ x 24″ x 6″|
|592P||18||24″ x 14″ x 12″|
|1001P||26||25″ x 18″ x 14″|
|29P||29||36″ x 14″ x 14″|